Ah, the art of stir-frying. It’s not merely tossing ingredients into a pan, but a ballet of flavors and aromas. Witnessing diverse ingredients dance and harmonize in a wok? Mesmerizing!
Snapshot: Dive into this tofu-veggie masterpiece.
Now, what’s at the heart of this tantalizing dish? Fresh baby bok choy, crispy carrots, aromatic onions, and – hold your breath – the deep, savory embrace of soy and sesame oil. If you’re traversing the vast internet seas hunting for a vegetarian gem, this one’s a radiant beacon among Panlasang Pinoy’s vast treasures.
Embarking on the Tofu-Veggie Odyssey:
1. The Tofu Tango:
- Pour a generous cup of oil into a quaint pot. Await its beckoning warmth.
- Gently introduce 12 ounces of stout, cubed tofu. Their destiny? A lustrous golden hue. Once achieved, set them aside, but whisper to the oil, “We’ll meet again.”
2. Vegetable Serenade in a Wok:
- That saved oil? Use a mere 3 tablespoons. Heat it in a wok as if summoning an old friend.
- A sliced onion and 4 crushed garlic cloves waltz in. When the onion dons a translucent gown, you’re golden.
- Shiitake mushrooms and carrot slices pirouette to the dance, escorted by 2 tablespoons of liquid soy gold. Their dance? A brisk 2-minute number.
- Now, the stage welcomes 15 graceful snow peas, a Knorr Chicken Cube, and a water cascade. The cue? A bubbling applause.
3. Oyster’s Whisper & Tofu’s Encore:
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce graces the scene.
- Joining the performance, the leafy textures of cabbage and bok choy, mingling with green peas’ vibrant pops.
- A brief interlude of 3 minutes allows the flavors to intertwine passionately.
- Our golden tofu stars? They return for a final bow, embraced by a sprinkle of sugar and a seasoning of salt and pepper as the audience desires.
4. The Grand Finale – A Silken Drape:
- The pièce de résistance? A velvety sauce. A liaison of 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 3 tablespoons of water promises this magic.
- Their union is introduced to the wok, swirled and twirled, until the sauce reaches a dreamlike consistency.
- A finale drizzle of 2 teaspoons of sesame oil seals the performance.
- Served in a proud bowl, this dish stands ready for its audience, harmonizing with a side of fragrant rice. Perfect for those who appreciate the drama of flavors, shared among kin and companions.